From SmartSDR Wiki
Revision as of 18:50, 29 September 2012 by Stephen Hicks (Created page with "== SmartSDR Terminology == ; Foundation Receiver (FDX) : A foundation receiver is created entirely in the FPGA. It consists of a DDC on one of the SCUs and a decimation chain...")
- Foundation Receiver (FDX)
- A foundation receiver is created entirely in the FPGA. It consists of a DDC on one of the SCUs and a decimation chain that can have one or more FFT or slice receivers connected to it.
- Slice Receiver (SLC)
- A slice receiver is connected to a foundation receiver and includes a DDC for the frequency of the slice receiver, a demodulator and additional DSP functions such as noise blanking and AGC
- Spectral Capture Unit (SCU)
- A spectral capture unit begins with an antenna connector and ends with the Analog to Digital Converter (ADC). It includes all preamplifiers, attenuators, preselectors and hardware filters.